Lindapter M16 Type D2 Girder Clamp
- Brand: Lindapter
Adjustable girder clamp used to quickly connect steel beams with flat or tapered flanges and resist moderate tensile loading.
The Type D2 girder clamp is used to achieve a fast steelwork fixing connection between two steel beams or other steel sections where moderate load capacities are present. The clamp has a Setscrew Tail that can be manually adjusted to allow the clamp to fit a range of flange thicknesses. It has a recessed top to hold the bolt head captive while the nut and washer are tightened down using only one tool. The skirt on the underside of the clamp abuts the edge of the beam flange and prevents the clamp rotating during installation. Suitable for use on parallel and tapered flanges up to 5°. Manufactured from malleable iron and available with a hot dip galvanised or zinc plated finish to provide high performance and anti-corrosion protection.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for parallel and tapered flanges up to 5°.
- Manual adjustability
- Recessed top holds the bolt head captive while the nut is tightened.
- Type W washer can be used to fill the recess.
- The skirt prevents the clamp from rotating during installation.
- CE Marked
- Lloyd’s Register Approved
- Manufactured to ISO9001 and ISO14001
Packing pieces are available to increase the clamping range. Download datasheet below for further information.
Location & End Plates
These plates ensure the clamps and bolts are located in the correct position relative to the supporting steelwork. Location plates are simple fabricated items designed to sit between the two sections to be clamped together to ensure the bolts are fixed at the correct centres. End plates are simple fabricated items that are pre-welded to support frames, bracket or sections, allowing connection to the supporting structure with standard Lindapter clamps. Download datasheet below for further information.
- Manufactured from malleable iron to BS EN 1562.
- Available with zinc plated or hot dip galvanised finish.
- Reaction to fire: A1 (Steel)
- Durability and corrosion protection:
|Corrosivity Class||Galvanised Steel||Electroplated Steel|
|C1||More than 50 years||More than 20 years|
|C2||More than 50 years||More than 5 years|
|C3||More than 20 years||Not Suitable|