Lindapter M20 Type AF High Slip Resistance Girder Clamp
- Brand: Lindapter
Heavy duty girder clamp used to quickly connect steel beams with flat or tapered flanges. High slip resistance for tensile, frictional and combined load applications.
The Type AF girder clamp is used to achieve a fast steelwork fixing connection where high load capacities are present in either tensile, frictional or combined load directions. It has a recessed top to hold the bolt head captive while the nut and washer are tightened down using only one tool, alternatively use a Type AFW washer to convert the recess to a flat top. The skirt on the underside of the clamp abuts the edge of the beam flange and prevents the clamp rotating during installation. Manufactured from SG iron with a hot dip galvanised finish to provide high performance and anti-corrosion protection.
Features & Benefits
- High slip resistance for tensile, frictional and combined load applications.
- 70kN static slip resistance or 250kN tensile (AF24 with 4 x property class 10.9 fasteners).
- Recess holds the bolt head captive (property class 8.8).
- Suitable for parallel and tapered flanges up to 10°.
- The tail spans slotted clearance holes.
Tail Lengths & Packing Pieces
The clamp is available in two tail lengths, Short or Medium, and can be used with Lindapter packing pieces to increase the clamping range. Choose the correct combination of tail length and packing pieces to suit a specific flange thickness. Download datasheet below for selection table.
Location & End Plates
These plates ensure the clamps and bolts are located in the correct position relative to the supporting steelwork. Location plates are simple fabricated items designed to sit between the two sections to be clamped together to ensure the bolts are fixed at the correct centres. End plates are simple fabricated items that are pre-welded to support frames, bracket or sections, allowing connection to the supporting structure with standard Lindapter clamps. Download datasheet below for further information.
- Manufactured from SG iron to BS EN 1563.
- Available with hot dip galvanised finish.
- Reaction to fire: A1 (Steel)
- Durability and corrosion protection:
|More than 50 years
|More than 50 years
|More than 20 years